The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup winners from 2007 to 2022 are discussed here. In 2022, hosted by Australia, the tournament ran from October 16 to November 13. The final at Melbourne Cricket Ground saw England triumph over Pakistan, becoming the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 champions. For a detailed list of winners from 2007 to 2022, refer to the section below.
T20 World Cup from 2007 to 2022
ICC T20 Cricket World Cup is an international tournament organized by the International Cricket Council (ICC). The first edition of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup was played in South Africa in 2007 and the latest Men’s ICC T20 Cricket World Cup 2022 was played in Australia from 16th October to 13th November 2022.
England won T20 World Cup 2022
In the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022, England emerged as the champions after defeating Pakistan in a thrilling final match. The final showdown saw Pakistan posting a total of 137 runs (137/8) in 20 overs, and England successfully chased the target in 19 overs with 5 wickets in hand, securing a victory with a score of 138/5.
During the tournament, Indian batsman Virat Kohli showcased exceptional form, finishing as the top run-scorer with an impressive tally of 296 runs in 6 matches. On the bowling front, Sri Lankan bowler WaninduHasaranga stood out as the highest wicket-taker, claiming 15 wickets in 8 matches with an economical bowling rate of 6.41.
The T20 World Cup 2022 provided cricket enthusiasts with memorable moments and outstanding performances from players across the globe. If you have any further inquiries or if there’s more you’d like to discuss, feel free to ask!
T20 World Cup 2022 Winner: England
- England emerged victorious in the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022. Pakistan and New Zealand faced off in the first semifinal, with Pakistan securing a spot in the final. The second semifinal witnessed England defeating India by 10 wickets to join Pakistan in the championship match. In the final, England clinched the title, marking their success in the T20 World Cup 2022.
T20 World Cup 2021 Winner: Australia
- The T20 World Cup 2021 concluded with Australia triumphing over New Zealand in the final, winning by 8 wickets. This victory marked Australia’s first T20 World Cup title, and Mitchell Marsh was named the Player of the Match in the final.
T20 World Cup 2016 Winner: West Indies
- The West Indies cricket team secured their second T20 World Cup title in 2016 by defeating England in the final. This win made them the first team to achieve victory twice in the T20 World Cup. Virat Kohli was the Player of the Series, and Tamim Iqbal was the highest run-scorer in this edition.
T20 World Cup 2014 Winner: Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka emerged victorious in the T20 World Cup 2014 by defeating India in the final. They won by 6 wickets, and Virat Kohli was both the top run-scorer and Player of the Series in this edition.
T20 World Cup 2012 Winner: West Indies
- The West Indies secured their first T20 World Cup title in 2012 by defeating hosts Sri Lanka in the final by 36 runs. Shane Watson from Australia was the Player of the Series and the top run-scorer, while AjanthaMendis from Sri Lanka was the highest wicket-taker.
T20 World Cup 2010 Winner: England
- England became the T20 World Cup champions in 2010, making them the first non-Asian team to achieve this feat. They defeated Australia in the final by 7 wickets, with Kevin Pietersen being named the Player of the Series.
T20 World Cup 2009 Winner: Pakistan
- Pakistan won their first T20 World Cup in 2009 by defeating Sri Lanka in the final by 8 wickets. The tournament was hosted by England, and Tillakaratne Dilshan from Sri Lanka was the Player of the Series and the top run-scorer.
T20 World Cup 2007 Winner: India
- India secured the inaugural T20 World Cup title in 2007 by defeating Pakistan in the final. MS Dhoni captained the team to victory, and Shahid Afridi from Pakistan was named the Player of the Series.